- Title: Assistant Professor
- Department / Research Program: Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 848-445-8648
- Detailed Profile: http://chem.rutgers.edu/people/faculty-bio/154-hayes-robert
- Research Areas: electrolytes, energy storage, nanotechnology, friction & lubrication.
- Energy Research Focus: Liquids and solvents are key to countless everyday materials (medicines, fuels, food) and grand scientific challenges of 21st Century (energy storage, corrosion, biomass) inter alia. However, there are still many gaps in our knowledge of their structure and dynamics on tiny dimensions. To this end, we use a variety of advanced experimental (AFM, neutron scattering) and simulation (Monte Carlo, Molecular Dynamics), linking the properties observed to the structure-dynamic landscape that produce it.